PPCF Doctrinal Statement, History, Vision and Mission
PPCF Doctrinal Statement: What We Believe
Pikes Peak Creation Fellowship is a Christian Ministry that focuses on providing an educational understanding of Biblical Creation to the larger Colorado Springs area. As a Christian Ministry, we hold fully to the following core doctrinal truths from the Word of God and these teachings of the Christian faith as they are outlined below.
1. The Scriptures (God’s Word) – We believe that both the Old and New Testaments are verbally inspired by God and wholly without error in the original writings. Since these writings originate with God, they are held to be the supreme and final authority for the believer in Jesus Christ. We also submit and affirm that all Scriptural content is factually accurate and truthful and therefore God’s Word is fully authoritative and correct in everything that it contains and teaches. (2 Timothy 3:16-17, 2 Peter 1:20-21; Matthew 5:18, Isaiah 40:8)
The Triune God – We believe there is but one living and true God. God is one in essence, but existing in three distinct personalities of: God the Father, God the Son & God the Holy Spirit. Each person of the Trinity functions uniquely and differently, as each relates to mankind, and yet with full unity of purpose. Therefore, all Persons of the Trinity are equally and fully God.
3. God the Father – The first person of the Trinity orders and directs all things according to His own purpose and pleasure, but with grace towards man. He determined that the universe would be created apart from any pre-existing materials (ex-nihilo). He has decreed that all which comes to pass would be for His own glory. He purposed before time to offer the gift of salvation and eternal life to sinful man by means of His grace and by faith in His Son the Lord Jesus Christ.
4. God the Son – Jesus Christ, the second person of the Trinity, is both the eternal Son of God and the virgin-born Son of Man (conceived by the Holy Spirit). Jesus has always been, He always is and He always will be God, from eternity past to eternity future (John 1:1-3), and yet He chose to live in time with mankind on earth (John 1:14, Philippians 2:6-8). Jesus now remains forever undiminished Deity and true humanity, inseparably united in one person. Christ’s death on the cross fully satisfied God the Father’s requirement of justice concerning mankind’s sin and His bodily resurrection fully defeated and conquered the penalty of death brought about by sin.
5. God the Holy Spirit – The third person of the Trinity is the Holy Spirit whose primary role is to execute and superintend the world of man. It is the Holy Spirit who convicts the world (each person) of sin and draws each person to a point of decision -- for or against God. It is the Holy Spirit who will apply the gift of salvation to those individuals who accept Christ’s substitutionary act on their behalf, which Christ has secured through His death on the cross.
6. The Nature of Man – Mankind was directly created by God and in His image. Man was also created to enjoy fellowship with God and to fulfill God’s will for him on earth. Man (Adam) committed sin by a voluntary act of personal disobedience in distrusting God and His Word to him. Because of this sinful act and mankind’s inherited sin nature through Adam, all of mankind is spiritually dead and subject to the certainty of both spiritual and physical death apart from having faith in the completed and saving work of Christ for them.
7. Means & Offer of Salvation – the finished work of Jesus Christ is the only means by which salvation is made available to mankind and to satisfy God’s just punishment for sin. Jesus’ substitutionary death on the cross was and is the complete and sufficient sacrifice for the problem of sin. Thus, the sole condition for receiving eternal life is to believe in this truth and then be declared justified by God. This assurance is grounded in faith and not works.
Brief Summary of the PPCF Biblical Creation View of Origins
We believe that Biblical Creation is defined as creation in six literal (solar) days as recorded in Genesis 1 less than 10,000 years ago. Also, we hold to a worldwide flood as recorded in Genesis 6 - 8 less than 5,000 years ago. We hold that these key truths are factually affirmed by God’s Word.
Ministry Purpose of PPCF
Our purpose as a Biblical Creation ministry is to apply these key doctrinal truths from God’s Word, and especially Genesis 1 to 11, to the subject of origins. Therefore, all the topics and content which we include into our education meetings will be taught from the foundational viewpoint of Biblical Creation. (1 Peter 3:15-16).
History & Origin of Pikes Peak Creation Fellowship (PPCF)
This ministry originated by way of a Biblical Creation seminar hosted by Mesa Hills Bible Church (Pastor Tim Dane) in Colorado Springs in September of 2018. This seminar brought in Dave & Mary Jo Nutting from Alpha Omega Institute in Grand Junction, CO (founders) and Bill Hoesch, science instructor at Southern California Seminary as key speakers. Also included was an on-site visit and Flood explanation of geological features at Glen Eyrie (Navigator’s Headquarters) in Colorado Springs, which further enhanced everyone’s seminar experience.
From the interest and excitement generated by this seminar, several who attended had sensed a desire to form a local biblical creation group in the Colorado Springs area. We had an initial sign-up list of some 20 people at the seminar who had indicated interest in forming this group. Soon after we had an organization meeting (October 2018) and by early November we had put together a leadership team and set the date for our first educational meeting, December 8th, 2018.
After considering a few different places as a meeting location, we settled on the educational building on the Mesa Hills Bible Church campus (615 W. Uintah St, Colorado Springs). We meet every 2nd Saturday from 1:00 pm to 2:45 pm at this location. Our initial leadership team consisted of: Pete B., Rich C., Chris C., Bill D. and James G. We have since added Don H. and Al B. to the team. (Link to Leadership Team)
Our teaching focus is on content and topics related to Biblical Creation from what would be termed "a Young Earth Creation (YEC)" perspective. In brief detail, this is the view that the content of Genesis chapters 1 to 11 records the actual and correct history, which is provided in these passages, and this history from the first day of creation to the present has been some 6000+ years.
We want to welcome any and all who may be interested in the overall topical content to please consider participating with us. While our teaching focus will solely be communicated from this specific creationist perspective, we would welcome those of differing opinions who may have questions or desire to learn more about biblical creation.
During our initial planning and during our first meeting in December 2018, we outlined our overall goal (our mission and vision) for this group. These are summarized below.
“To share the truth of Biblical Creation and other key related events of history, as recorded in God’s Word, to the Greater Pikes Peak Region”.
1. Education – regular monthly meetings focusing on Creation Apologetics.
2. Personal discipleship growth – where each person who is a part of this fellowship seeks to grow in knowledge, understanding and wisdom in their understanding of Creation Apologetics.
3. Intentional Outreach – each person would seek to utilize their discipleship growth, which we each experience, to in turn share this with others outside of this immediate fellowship (one’s home church, various groups, & individual contacts).
Copyright © 2020 Pikes Peak Creation Fellowship
Return to Main Page